We’re delighted to announce the theme for the 2019 Solstice Parade: WONDER! We wonder what our fantastic community of artists will create to illustrate our theme!
A $500 honorarium will be awarded to the artist whose work is selected!
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Even if, ESPECIALLY if, you’ve never proposed a design to grace our collectable posters and T-shirts, it’s time to give it your best shot! This could be your year to shine!
The winning work will be conceived with unrestrained imagination; let it be unique and remarkable; wild and Wonder-ful! Be inspired by marvels such as the majestic in stature or even the eerie iridescence of the aurora borealis. Let ideas emerge, like butterflies, in color, motion and sound. Allow yourself the freedom of WONDER.
An exhibit of submissions will open downtown on First Thursday, March 7 and move to the Funk Zone for the March 15 Friday Art Walk.
Guidelines & In Gathering Requirements:
- Works are encouraged to support the theme: "Wonder", though all artwork submitted will be considered.
- Works submitted must be available to be dropped off on Wednesday, March 6th between 9 AM - 4 PM: Exhibit location to be announced.
- Artists must also own the work and or have rights to reproduce work if it has already been sold.
- Artists must sign a release form when delivering their artwork.
- All artwork must hang on the wall, no pedestal works.
- Artwork may not exceed 30" x 36" x 10" deep, including framing.
- Digital work must be printed and ready to hang, Summer Solstice will not print any artwork received electronically
- Works must be wired, using eye screws or D-rings and be ready to hang. Works that are not ready to hang will not be accepted.
- All works shall be for sale. Summer Solstice splits a 60/40 commission with 60% to the artist.
- Works submitted must be suitable be part of Summer Solstice Celebration marketing materials. Summer Solstice is a family oriented event and we reserve the right to be selective about works submitted and that get into the exhibit.
- After the selection process is complete, a $500 check will be awarded to the artist for work selected to represent Solstice for 2019 in t-shirts, posters and in all marketing materials.
- 10 t-shirts and 10 posters will be awarded to the artist, plus a write up on the Solstice website, a press release, inclusion in e-newsletter, social media and opportunity to sign posters during pre-festival events and on festival weekend if desired.