Come join us at the Workshop. Be part of the Summer Solstice Parade! If you’re a little shy, you can still come and be part of the making of the Parade, learn how to make masks, costumes and build floats, be creative! It’s not about being talented. It’s about having fun! Solstice supplies the materials and a dedicated staff of artists, tech people, costumers, mask makers who teach, guide and mentor you in this fun community art project.
- Location: Community Arts Workshop, 631 Garden St.
- Dates: May 2017 - June 2017 (Opening Date May 11th!)
- Hours: Wed - Fri: 3pm - 8pm, Sat & Sun: 12pm - 6pm
- Phone: to be announced
Register in person at the Community Arts Workshop 631 Garden Street (corner of Ortega and Garden Street) Register using the New Online Application to participate in the parade!
NEW for 2017
Classes, Workshops, Ensemble Classes and Teen Camp!
- Community Mural Classes with Carlos Cuellar
- Maskmaking with Hathor Hammet, Violet Bast
- Large Scale Puppet Making with Robby Robbins and Ann Chevrefils
- Solstice Teen Float Making Camp
June 12-16, Mon- Friday 9 AM- 3 PM
Ages 12-15, Cost $250 inludes materials and parade registration.
Learn more about the camp and register HERE:
- Paper Mache Classes with Claire Frandsen and Laura Smith
- Movement and Meditation Mondays with Jenna Tico
- Zany Workshops with Riccardo Morrison
The core of the Santa Barbara Solstice Celebration begins with the Community Arts Workshop. It hosts a diverse cross-section of the Santa Barbara community working side-by-side on their magical creations, and features a special Children’s Area designed to encourage kids and their parents to participate in artistic expression and creativity. People from all economic groups, able-bodied to disabled, all derive joy in this communal project.
All participants must register as part of the Workshop and/or Parade. Also see Parade Registrataion page.
Download the workshop registration form here: ParadeReg2017-.pdf